Monday, November 7, 2011

Borders

I have one more border to sew on this top. This is a kit that was given to me. I wanted to make it larger than what it was so I started adding borders to make it larger. I used a solid black for a dramatic frame around the busy blocks. This framed it and I cut the remaining pieces into 3X3 squares and sewed them together to make another border. I am thinking of adding another narrow black border then a bright green that blends well with the greens in the blocks. It will end up twin sized.

If you don't have a lot of brights in your stash do as I did and get a kit to make the initial top and add borders. This is for my Granddaughter. She wanted blue, green and plaid plus black, but bright. I think this covers all the requests. Chris



2 comments:

Katie M. said...

I love brights! the addition of the black is wonderful - When all else fails, I go to black. I know your granddaughter will love this.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I really love this one! She will love it, I have no doubt. =D