Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Washing and cleaning day

Well the sewing didn't happen. The washing and moving furniture and also cleaning was the order of business.

I washed the quilt on my bed and the sheets and the sheets in the other room. I then cleaned the kitchen area carpet and moved a tall cabinet to the kitchen and hooked up a TV in there. We ran the cable for it the other day. There are times I don't like what he is watching on TV and I have to go to a bedroom to watch another channel. This way I can do tracing of applique pieces or cutting out in the kitchen and watch something I want to watch. I think I might be a little more productive with this out there. I can have my coffee in the morning and watch the World news and then cutout while sitting there.

I have some sad news. My son came with a laundry basket yesterday and it has three quilts in it. I opened them up and they all had holes in them or major portions missing from the dog chewing. I am so upset I could just sit there and cry. These are ones I spent hours and hours on and the dog uses them for a chew toy. I told him to get rid of her and I wasn't very happy. Now I get to see if I still have fabric to repair them. One I can for sure, but one my Step-Father made several years ago and I am not sure if there is any of the fabric left. I may hold them hostage until he does something. Maybe not a good thing, but it ticks me off that it happened. He does want them fixed, but I am not sure I want him to have them back. I will get over it but it hurts after you put so many hours in to making them and this happens. Frustrated! Chris

2 comments:

bettyp said...

AWWW!!! how sad that the dog chewed the quilts ! I dont think I would let him have it back till the dog gets older and stops chewing on things
Sure hope you can repair them!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The same thing happened at my son's house but he knew better than to bring them back for repair. I made them once, I don't have to make them twice, the second time harder because it isn't creative, it's just work! His family won't get any more quilts.