Sunday, October 9, 2011

This was my day yesterday

We got up and went for milk and came home to work outside. This is what is left of 134 blocks. Every joint and muscle in my body hurts from my hips to my toe joints. If anyone has ever done work with these blocks they know they are heavy and when you handle 115 all in one day you are not having fun the next morning moving if you know what I mean.


We went around our flower beds with these blocks so we can contain the grass from creeping into the flower beds. We still have to put mulch down and that will wait until Spring so it is all done at that time.











We went all around the house flower beds with them. As we went we cut off plants getting ready for fall. In the flower beds we have landscaping cloth under some mulch and then in the Spring we can reapply the mulch to make it all look nice again.








This is the south edge of the house.










We have pines trees close and the needles have come down in the last couple days so now I have to go out and rake today. OUCH!












I think this will look nice when it is all completed.















This is the front flowerbed and it is next to the patio. I have hostas and a Smoke bush planted here. I think I will place some pots with Impatiens in them for the Spring to fill in until the plants mature.


Lots of work, but I think it will look really nice when we get it all completed. The big expense is the mulch. We can purchase about 100 bags and I don't think it will be enough. Today is the raking as I said and I am sure I will fall into bed again tonight. Nice weather is slipping away fast here. Chris















1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your gardens look wonderful! Mine are a mess...=( I'll have a lot of work to do in the spring.