Monday, August 8, 2011

What is going on?



So many times the news is on the TV and I am not even listening. I just spent 3 minutes in tears. The World is upside down. Why are we in such turmoil? Money, Wars, Weather and it's aftermath. I guess I am to tender hearted and it all wells up when I listen to closely.
My grandkids are here sleeping and my life is ok. Guess turn off the TV and go to the sewing room turn on the lights and get lost in seams and scraps all waiting to come together.
The first thing Taylor did when she got here was to see if I had messed up the sewing room since last time they were here. I hadn't. Well a little and I am sewing a project so some things are out. She couldn't believe it.
Progress on the flowerbeds and the quilt are both going on. I have been pretty aggressive in the yard and I am really out of shape so I hurt really badly today. I guess I need to get some more sewing and visiting with the kids done today to recuperate. Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

I agree, Chris. When I watch the news and look at the crisis that others are going through, I take the time to thank God for my many blessings. No matter how hard I may have it (and it's really nothing), I know there are those out there who have it so much worst. Hug your grandchildren and smile at your 'blessings'.