Saturday, July 30, 2011

The bug has hit

Here is the first block and yes it looks distorted it isn't pressed and the way I took the picture wasn't from a good angle.

The quilt in this issue of McCalls Quilting Sept/Oct 2011 is on page 20. It was designed by Sarah Maxwell and Dolores Smith. Their finished quilt is smaller than what this one will turn out. Their block size is 8X8 and mine is 12X12.

The sashing for the quilt sets it off and then the colorful borders put a nice frame around the quilt.


I can see a lot of scraps being used on this one.
Now I need to keep looking in my stash for sashing and more combos of light and darks. Chris



2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that block! Triangles are my favorite and I'm always drawn to quilts with them. You are wise to make the larger block too.

Deb said...

What a great use of scrap fabric! It is coming out great!

Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com