Saturday, April 16, 2011

Two Days of Work and not done yet

Here is the progress today. The applique is really going slow. But it is a big block.
I now have to find a center for the block and not sure if I like the one that was provided with the pattern. It is a three layered flower design and not sure it is the look I am wanting. Have to think about this for awhile. The designer did needle turn and I am not a needle turner. I like to use freezer paper and either glue or hand baste the seam allowance to the back. This time I did hand basting. I can pull the stitches and get the freezer paper pulled out in the different stages of the building of the parts.
As I was stitching I am convincing myself that I have made a big mistake wanting a whole quilt out of these blocks. I am sure I will be changing the layout as I get closer to getting like 9 blocks done. I guess I am a wimp. But I do have other ideas for the rest of the quilt if I do wimp out and only do 9 blocks. To clarify I made a bed with clean sheets and did 5 loads of laundry and did my dishes today. So I did get up and move some. Tomorrow I think I will try and figure out the center of this block and cut the freezer paper shapes out for the next few blocks. Well nothing on TV tonight so maybe I can cut shapes tonight. Time will tell. I am ready for bed now. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There is a new movie on the Hallmark channel tonight.

I think 4 applique blocks with lots of pieced blocks would look good.