Friday, April 22, 2011

Testing..........Testing

No , no medical tests just setting and color tests. Scrappy blocks and do I use sashing or make an all over quilt??

This is the different lighting in the room. But it says alot for the difference in the light in the room you are placing the quilt in. Do I want sashing? Not sure yet. The original look I wanted was a sashing, but then do I do light or dark.




Here again the difference in the light of the room makes the quilt blocks totally different.




These are the same blocks just a different amount of light in the room. What do you think. All over scrappy quilt or a quieter look with the sashing?
I am still on the fence. Guess I will try some more samples and see where my testing gets me. Hope everyone has a Happy Easter weekend and all are safe and well. Chris






3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

All over scrappy, no sashing for me, but if the recipient doesn't like 'busy' then maybe you would want sashing.

Chris said...

I agree - no sashing. I don't think it's too busy. You could look for hours and try to determine where one block ends and the next one begins. Intriguing!

Anonymous said...

No sashing! Being hooked on postage stamp quilts myself, I may be biased, but I love the all-over scrappy look you have going on.

Nice job!

- Mary, The Curious Quilter