Friday, March 11, 2011

It is a Finish Now

I did it. I couldn't stand listening to all the destruction going on in Japan and the TV is on in my house. Not to my liking, but my husband like TV. I decided I would get lost in the sewing room with this UFO and make it a finished top.
This picture is a different setting on the camera and the colors are better. I had to move furniture to get it spread out to take a almost full picture.
I learned several things doing this quilt. Machine applique is an art and not sure if I have tackled it yet. The quarter inch seam is difficult also with HST that are cut wrong. The quilt came as a kit and the bias was on the wrong side. Really surprised at that. Also some of the instructions were wrong. Had to work through that also. Not sure I would buy a kit ever now if it is precut as this was. It said on the packages it was for an intermediate skill level. ???? Now I have to get a backing and batting. Another UFO that is farther along but not finished completely. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is a very pretty quilt, in spite of the poorly cut pieces. A great finish.