Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Spring Purse

My neighbor's Mother called me a few weeks ago and said she needed another purse. I made one for her for her Birthday last year as a gift from her daughter. Now she wants on for her daughter. So I have to get this done and in the mail in a few days. I wanted Spring like flowers and colors for her. I found this fabric in the stash and then looked for flower shapes. This is a modified flower shape. It had a deep v in the throat of the top layer and I felt it was to difficult to achieve for a well used surface without fraying. I think the modification worked out well.
The denim is of course recycled jeans. I will make a couple more over time, but I think I need to find a different fabric base for the next design I am planning out. More details will be added to this purse over the next couple days. Several are starting to do major cleaning. I have really let things go since Christmas. Well today I am starting. I plan on cleaning this morning and every morning in the next few days. I need to get this under control again. I am starting in my kitchen. Ceilings need dusting down and cabinets need washing. I noticed yesterday with the sun streaming in the windows how bad it was. I stood there and made up my mind it has to happen. I don't move as fast as I use to and I am really out of shape. So here goes some straining and groaning on my part.
I would rather be sewing, but it has to be put on the back burner. Between the furnace and the fireplace the Health Department might shut me down if I don't get this done soon. Now that I confessed don't call them please. I would like to live her a little longer.
Believe it or not I use to clean for a living. I clean really expensive houses and also worked for a school district cleaning classrooms. Guess my skills have changed as I got older. Chris

No comments: