Saturday, March 12, 2011

1/4 Log Cabin Blocks

Here are scraps I have been cutting. This is the 1 1/2inch tub. I have three different sizes and this is the size I started to use first. I will have to cut many more to vary, but this is a start. Here is the block I am making. It is 4 1/4 Log Cabins sewn together. Each 1/4 block is 4 1/2 inches raw. It will be a stash buster in the end, but I think attractive.
Thought about making it for Grandson, but I think it is a lot of work for a quilt for a 4 year old.
This one will be in the works for quite awhile. I plan on having these blocks to work on in between things. I thought I had the right sides to stitch to and had to do some ripping. So I have one completed so I can use for a visual. I will go through a lot of strips this way. I have many stacks of a little of this and a lot of that. I plan on constructing the purse today. I need to get it done and in the mail.
Off to get breakfast and get sewing. Chris

No comments: