Saturday, February 5, 2011

Guilty

Yes I am guilty. I haven't sewn anything on the machine for over three weeks. I was sick and then my husband had health issues then the snow storm. I have been finding every excuse I can not to get to work and get something done. Today I read an article about a quilter and looked at her work and I feel ashamed that I can't do it to. She has a young family and she gets all this sewing done. I have had this stack of strips iron for weeks and I just let them lay. I need to get them cut to size and at least get them paired up and do some chain stitching. Fifteen minutes here and there do add up over time. Yes this is a Christmas gift for next year, but if I keep up with the procrastinating like I have it will be Christmas three years from now.
I have several of the blocks made and pressed. I have to make 113 of them. I have between 25 and 30 of them finished and others in the works. I try and cut then stitch some and change up the pieces so I get a different look with each block. This quilter's name from the article is Edyta Sitar from Laundry Basket Quilts. The article is in the April 2011 issue of the American Patchwork & Quilting from Better Homes and Gardens. She talks about her love of fabric and she doesn't sell her quilts she uses them for teaching. They are gorgeous for scrap quilts. She sells patterns. In her article she has a passion for fabrics and what she can do with them. I have passion for fabric, but no motivation.


This is the pattern I am making for this quilt. It is designed by Katie Holland called Scrap Happy. It is on the BH&G American Patchwork and Quilting magazine from Oct. 2008. Motivation is my down fall. I need motivation. Do you know where I can find it? I am so guilty of not getting anything done. I guess at Christmas time I got burned out. Tomorrow I will go to the sewing room and get started all over again. I haven't even gotten anymore applique done either. I started it but not finished with another flower yet. Shame on me. Chris

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I think you are being way too hard on yourself. Don't you think things ebb and flow at different times? You just got done making the beautiful applique table topper, remember?