Friday, September 3, 2010

No sewing going on here

I am sitting in the Great Room and looking at the sunlight coming in the dirty windows. We live in the middle of a corn field and until the corn has been picked doesn't pay to wash windows. You can see the sun coming in the sliding glass door. My Curio cabinet needs clean inside and out.
I really would like to paint the cabinet a dark charcoal gray or black. Hubby says no. I will have to work on getting him convinced it would look better.

This it the Secretary we don't really use other than to collect junk. I have never been much of a letter writer. I guess I should be becoming a lost art to hand write a letter to someone. The large rooster use to be a lamp. The rod that went through it was not centered and it would tip over easy. Took the electric parts out and made it a statue. I love Chickens.
This is the mantle over the stone fireplace. Which is a wood burning fireplace. We have burned a lot of wood. Not so much since Jeff has been sick. To hard to go out and cut wood and get it here. I keep some on hand if we loose electricity we can stay warm for a period of time.


I would like a gas insert, but the cost is out of my budget for now. Believe it or not we live in a manufactured home, yes a double wide mobile home.
We have four bedrooms a large kitchen and two full bathrooms and a laundry room. 1500sq feet of living space. In the Winter I like sitting beside the fireplace and hand stitching or quilting. Need to house clean and paint. No fun there. Chris

No comments: