Saturday, August 28, 2010

Borders

Don't know what to do about the borders. They are about 9 1/2 inches wide and the quilting design is not coming to my mind very quickly. I would like to get this done.


I am at a stand still. I have about quilted all I can quilt on this quilt accept the borders. I am to the weakest point in the quilt. I think the borders get more wear and tear then the middle of the quilt and I never know what to do about quilting them. I have 16 more of the 5 1/2 inch square to complete and then onto the dreaded borders. It is a pretty masculine looking quilt it is going to be used on the couch and lots of stress on the seams. I think I am going to see if I draw a few ideas, but then I am not a good drawer. Oh well! Chris Any suggestions will be looked at .

2 comments:

Thim3 said...

I love your nine patch quilt....could you tell me where you got the pattern....I have alot of nine patch blocks I need to make a quilt with. What size were your squzres....I used 2 1/2 inch squares to make my nine patch. Again a very lovely quilt and thank you for info on the pattern you used.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You could quilt in the ditch along each of the colors and then draw lines or use tape to continue the diagonal lines of the 9 patches out into the borders. It will give you a triangle pattern.