Friday, May 21, 2010

61 Years Ago

Sixty-one years ago tomorrow my parents were married. They look so young and innocent there in this picture. My Mother is 82 years old now and she lost my Father at the age of 49 to a dreadful disease. MS. They had one of those fairytale marriages. They made a pack to never go to bed mad at each other. Wasn't easy life, but they did love each other. Today we went to a wake for another family member. My Mother's sister's husband, her BIL. He was 81years old and always been around. My Mother's own mortality is facing her and she isn't handling it well. To live this long and now have so much facing her she is really not in a good place tonight. She will be better. When the first place you look in the newspaper is the obituaries just to see if you made it another day, but instead you see all your friends that are your age are passing away. I then realized I will be the oldest in the family after she is gone. That is a scarry thing. I maybe 58, but I feel 38years old. Where does the time go by so fast we turn our heads and we are 50 years old and you scratch your head and say how did that happen. Take time and smell the roses before it becomes to late. Chris

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your mom is beautiful! Thank you for sharing about them. My mom died when she was 72. I miss her...