Friday, April 30, 2010

No Frost Today

It is 5:18am and already 64*F. But we are in an area with possibilities of sever storms today. Almost May 1st. Hopefully we don't see a lot of sever weather this summer. Living in the Midwest you can experience it all in just a matter of a few hours. I have created a lot of extra work for myself as of late. I am switching rooms around. Need to utilize two rooms for different purposes and now the fun begins. Clean one out to change the furniture than fill the other one back up. I am getting to old to do this to many more times. The back doesn't like all this stress and pulling. Who said the "Golden Years" were so "Golden" ? I would like to have a long discussion with them. In fact I think that we should have a little bit of help with all the major help after 45years old. LOL That won't happen in my life time I am sure. I am way older than 45 years old and I get little or no help at all. Usually I can work around all the younger people and be done faster than they thought about it. We have been storing an antique hospital metal bed and we decided to get it out and give it a new life. It is getting painted and fitted with a new mattress and it will have a room to be placed in for guests. Now I have to figure out a new quilt for the bed. Also a dust ruffle. The bed is being painted a light yellow. So my choices are wide open. So light it is considered a neutral. Will have pictures tomorrow. My mind is mulling over all the patterns I can think of and the colors that would maybe work for a nice looking room. The big obstacle is the country blue carpet. It is in to good a shape to get rid of so I have to work around that elephant in the room. Maybe some throw rugs to cover it up. Off to get ready for a lot of lugging and tugging today to get mattresses and frames and furniture in the right places. Chris

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love rearranging my rooms, but boy, it is sure getting harder and harder to do alone.

I'm anxious to see what you get done! :-D

I planted flower seeds last night because the rain was coming...The rain went north and south of us. {sigh} Maybe more will develop later.