Sunday, April 11, 2010

Antique looking quilt coming along

Im my previous posting I showed you blocks for the antique looking quilt. Here are some of the blocks sewn together and you can see the cross sashing has a colored 1 1/2 inch block in it. These are all from scraps I have dug out and cut up and sliced and diced in the last few weeks.
The sashing fabric has a story behind it. We went to a close by quilt shop and the lady has fabrics displayed in cribs. She said anything in this crib she would sell to me for 50% off. So I bought 6 yards for sashings for two quilts. Then My Mother was a long and she had a filled punch card for this quilt shop and she said I could use it on the purchase. Well the cost of the fabric was $27.09. The punch card was $25.00 so I paid $2.09 for 6 yards of Thimbleberries fabric. I thought I did real well for my purchase. Chris

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You are speaking my language! I love bargains like that!