Monday, November 16, 2009

New cabinet for Cookbooks

My husband has been out in tthe garge making me a new bookshelf/cabinet for my cookbooks
This is done other than the doors. He is having trouble with one of them. I have stained it and ready for varnish. It will sit in the kitchen on the floor and house a lot of books and recipes.

This is my Grandaughter Christmas gift. I hand appliqued the flowers and machine quilted in the ditch then added some machine quilting in each block. I used The Cotton Theory to piece the blocks together. I mentioned this in a earlier blog.


Here is a closer look at some of the blocks.



There is pink, blue, purple, and green in the blocks. She has pink walls and pink and green curtains. I think she will like it. Her brother got a new bed when she didn, but she didn't get new bedding. So this will be a treat for her.
I still have borders to place on it and quilt then the binding will go on. The rag doll pillow will go in the room also. I plan on making the Butterfly pillow also for her room. Brother is getting a quilt also, but it is a plainer look. You know a boy thing. Chris



No comments: